Everybody in an organization dreams to reach a plum position which sooner or later is going to become vacant at your workspace. You wanted to get it. Have you asked yourself few questions:
Do you have enough guts to reach that plum position?
- What is your track record?
- Are you smart enough in right areas?
- Do your colleagues, seniors and juniors respect you and like to work with you?
- Would they follow you if you were in charge?
Everybody wanted to be highly visible and indispensable to their organization. With experience, a person learns to project confidence, even when something has not gone his way. To be fruitful and get promotions in an organization you should be able to comprehend every facet of your company’s business structure and function. You have to find out the way to keep learning and growing so that you never feel stuck.
Your promotion depends on your:
- Coworker Collaboration
- Constant Communication
If you want to lead your company, you have to take charge, accept challenges and make an ally out of everyone you work with.
Transform yourself from an average employee to an indispensable corporate player. Let the Management find you to promote or develop for a larger role.
Company management looks for the following qualities in the manager:
- Should be first rate performer who makes other glow brighter around him.
- No afraid to make big decisions, take risks or make mistakes because he learns from everything he is involved in and applies it to the next time, when necessary.
- Attracts the best people around him.
- He consistently and progressively do more complex work on an accelerated basis.
- He has developed two or three people who could step in and fill his void when he moves up.
- Insatiably curious about staff that is not just directly related to his job.
- Leader in every situation.
Proficiency variables which can evaluate and advance you in job:
- Job Experience
- Emotional competencies
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision making
- Leadership style
Words that can sink you:
- Don’t Listen
- Blames Others
- Demeans team